Goodwill Guide Doshisha SGG Joe Tokyo & Kyoto
Our guide services are offered free of charge. However, you are requested to pay the expenses for your guide listed below:
1) Travel expenses (3,000 Yen / guide) to / from the place where the guide meets you from his / her residence.
2) Admission fees to temples, shrines, museums, etc.
3) Transportation charges while in service.
4) Lunch (only when the tour covers lunch time).
5) Other actual tour-related expenses, if any.
1) Liability: neither DSGGJ nor the guides accompanying you are responsible for any injuries, or theft and / or damage to possessions that may occur during the services.
2) Group size: we do not offer our guide services for tourist traveling alone.
3) Guide / group ratio:
– One guide per group of 4 or less.
– Two guides for group of 5 to 8 participants.
– For groups of 9 or more, we will do our best to find a guide, but it may be difficult depending on the situation.
4) Tour hours: From 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. subject to availability.
5) Application & respond deadline:
– We will accept your application up to 3 months in advance. The deadline is 7 days before the desired date, in this case, automatic reply is sent to you, but your application is not valid.
– If the guide did not respond you one week before the desired date, please understand that the guide was not found.
– Night or overnight tours.
– Tours using private or rental cars / bikes.
Operation Commencement Date: October 1, 2018
Goodwill Guide Doshisha SGG Joe Tokyo & Kyoto ( “DSGGJ” hereafter) wishes to build an environment in which the personal information of inquirers and visitors to Japan is safely stored, used and handled as intened we wish to gain the trust of prospective foreign visitors to Japan, and hopes to continue to provide numerous services that inspire and fulfil the curiosity of each visitor. Under this policy, and in accordance with the DSGGJ philosophy of being honest and fair, DSGGJ has prescribed the following policy regarding the handling of personal information.
Handling of Personal Information
(Definition of Personal Information)
1. “Personal information” in this Policy refers to information relating to an individual that includes a name, address, e-mail address or other description, etc. that could be used to identify a specific individual, or that includes an individual identification code. All obtained information relating to potential visitors to Japan that does not contain information in itself by which a specific individual could be identified, but which could be used to identify a specific individual by collating it with other information, shall be regarded as “personal information” within the scope that it can be handled in combination with other information.
(Compliance with Laws)
2. When handling personal information, DSGGJ Headquarters shall comply with the obligations set forth in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, various other laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal information, guidelines published by the Personal Information Protection Commission and related authorities, as well as to this Policy.
(Use within the Scope of Utilization Purpose)
3. Except where the prior consent of the individual has been obtained, or where it is permitted by law, DSSGJ Headquarters shall handle personal information only within the scope required to achieve the previously specified purpose of use, and shall take measures to achieve this.
(Acquisition of Personal Information)
4. DSGGJ Headquarters shall try to obtain personal information after expressing in advance the items, purpose of use, and contact point for inquiries, etc., of the personal information to be handled, and after obtaining the consent of the individual. In the event that special care-required personal information such as race and creed is included in the personal information, except where permitted by law, DSGGJ Headquarters shall not acquire such personal information without the consent of the individual.
(Personal Information of Customers Under the Age of 15)
5. DSGGJ Headquarters shall try to comply with all laws and regulations applicable to the collection, storage, and use of personal information relating to inquirers under the age of 15. In the event of a child having provided personal information to DSSGJ Headquarters without the consent of their parent or guardian, DSGGJ Headquarters ask that a parent or guardian contacts us at the address specified in this Policy.
(Security Control Action)
6. DSGGJ Headquarters shall try to keep the content of personal information accurate, complete, and up to date within the scope of the purpose of use, shall take the necessary and appropriate secure management measures in accordance with technological standards at that point in time in order to prevent unauthorized access, leakage, tampering, loss, or damage, etc., and shall make corrections as necessary.
DSGGJ Headquarters shall delete all personal information which may identify individual person within six months after obtaining inquiries or offering DSGGJ services for free independent tourists. This policy does not apply to those who give DSGGJ Headquarters consents to keep their information to list their names on the DSGGJ website, or who belong to institutions, companies, organization or like.
(Third Party Provision)
7. Except where permitted by law, DSGGJ Headquarters shall not provide personal information to a third party without obtaining the consent of the individual.
If personal information is provided to a third party, and a legal obligation to create records arises at the time of such third party provision, DSGGJ Headquarters shall comply with this.
(Strengthening of Systems, Training, Etc.)
8. To ensure the appropriate handling of personal information, DSGGJ Headquarters shall try to continually strengthen and improve internal systems, including reviewing this Policy, by appointing a manager for personal information, establishing internal regulations, training officers and members of DSGGJ, and implementing the appropriate internal audits, etc.